- Human Resources
- Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity
- It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the City not to unfairly discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap or disability, serious medical condition, or status as a military veteran with respect to recruitment, hiring, discipline, training and promotion. Further, it is the policy of the City to comply with the concepts and practices of affirmative action.
- The City does not condone and will not tolerate the harassment of any employee. In addition, it is a violation of City policy for any employee to engage in sexual or any other form of employee harassment. Complaints of harassment of any type, including sexual harassment, should be brought to the attention of the City Manager or the Personnel Director.
- Further, all complaints of discriminatory treatment in violation of this policy should be brought to the attention of the City Manager or the Personnel Director.
- Complaints of harassment or discriminatory treatment should be brought forward as promptly as reasonably possible after the alleged harassment or discriminatory treatment occurs. A prompt investigation will be conducted in as confidential manner as possible.
- Any person reporting harassment or discriminatory treatment or participating in an investigation of harassment or discriminatory treatment shall not be subject to retaliatory action.
- It is the responsibility of each and every employee of the City to give this policy of equal employment opportunity real meaning and full support.